Moringa, also known as the drumstick tree, is native to India. It is full of treasures and has high value from leaves to roots. As a vegetable food, it has the function of improving nutrition, dietotherapy and health care. It is widely used in medicine, health care and other industries. It is known as "miracle tree", "mother's best friend" and "medicine treasure chest".
From these reputations, it is not difficult to see the high nutritional value of Moringa. Today, we will mainly learn about the efficacy of Moringa leaves, the branches and leaves of the Moringa tree.
- Basic nutrients (content in 100g Moringa leaves)
Calories: 375 calories; Protein: 25 grams; Fat: 0 grams; Carbohydrates: 50 grams; Dietary fiber: 25g; Calcium: 2500mg; Iron: 120mg; Potassium: 1500mg.
- Functional Ingredients: Flavonoids/ Quercetin/ Isothiocyanates. (Data: USDA Food Data Center)
Moringa leaf--natural herbal antioxidant
1. Anti-inflammatory and antibacterial Moringa leaves have anti-inflammatory effects due to the presence of isothiocyanates. Different types of extracts from different parts of Moringa are effective against several Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, fungi, viruses and Parasites have a certain inhibitory effect.
2. Antioxidant Moringa leaves are rich in bioactive polyphenols, which have strong antioxidant capacity and can prevent the destructive effects of free radicals in the environment.
3. Improve type Ⅱ diabetes Research shows that for type Ⅱ diabetes mellitus, it can reduce the postprandial blood sugar level, and the fasting blood sugar level of diabetic patients who do not take drugs will also be reduced.
4. Enhance liver detoxification function Studies have shown that Moringa extract (flowers or leaves) can help reduce liver damage caused by drug injections, astraginine in Moringa can prevent liver diseases, and has a positive effect on transaminases and bilirubin in serum. Su and so on are well protected.
Contraindications for Moringa leaves:
- For pregnant women, the extract of Moringa may cause uterine contraction, and pregnant women should seek medical advice before consuming Moringa leaves;
- It has a hypoglycemic effect, so diabetics or those taking related hypoglycemic drugs should use it under the guidance of a doctor.
Moringa Leaf Recipe
Fresh moringa leaves are hard to come by, and many products are currently switching to powdered forms, which studies have shown to be good for the body as well. Let's take a look at how to make delicious food with Moringa leaf powder:
Ingredients: 1 cup of oat milk (other vegetable milks are also available), 1 spoon of Moringa powder, 1 spoon of honey Method: Put the Moringa powder and honey into a cup and mix well. Heat the oat milk, add to the mug, and stir to combine.
Moringa Leaf Ice Cream
Ingredients: 1 can of coconut cream, appropriate amount of cocoa beans, 1 spoon of mint essence, 1 spoon of agave syrup, 3 spoons of Moringa leaf powder. Method: Mix the ingredients well and refrigerate them. Stir lightly every 30 minutes and put them back in the refrigerator. Repeat 4 times - 5 times until the consistency is right.
Moringa Leaf Smoothie
Ingredients: 1 banana, 1 mango, appropriate amount of berries (can be replaced by berry powder), 1 spoon of Moringa leaf powder, 200ml of almond milk Method: put the ingredients into a wall breaker and beat evenly, add some nuts for a richer taste.
Disclaimer: The contents of the pictures and texts are compiled from the Internet and do not represent the position of this platform;
If the content of the article involves copyright and other issues, please contact us in the background to delete it.